This chocolate monkey superfood smoothie bowl makes for a creative twist to the traditional smoothie! It is the perfect breakfast, pick me up, or pre-workout snack for any chocolate lover! Not only is it sweet, creamy, and delicious but it’s packed with superfoods that are nutrient-dense and full of antioxidants.
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
Smoothie bowls are essentially smoothies eaten from a bowl and topped with fruit, nuts, seeds, granola, or other delicious crunchy toppings! Smoothie bowls start with a blend of frozen fruits, which give it a thick and creamy ice cream-like texture and are topped with a mix of your favorite toppings! Smoothie bowls make for the perfect breakfast to help kickstart your morning and keep you energized and focused throughout the day.
Chocolate Monkey Superfood Smoothie Bowl Health Benefits
This chocolate monkey superfood smoothie bowl is packed with antioxidants, nutrients, and minerals that will help keep you energized all day!
Superfoods found in this smoothie bowl are:
- Bananas - high in powerful antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C! Bananas can moderate blood sugar levels and help aid in digestion.
- Almonds - rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, dietary fiber, protein, healthy fats, and magnesium. Almonds can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce blood pressure, and lower cholesterol.
- Pea Protein - rich in protein and iron! Pea protein can help promote heart health, increase muscle mass, reduce the risk of kidney disease, regulate blood sugar, and aid in weight loss.
- Peanut Butter - a great source of vitamin E, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, copper, and manganese. Peanuts can help reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes!
- Strawberries - high in vitamin C, manganese, folate, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. Strawberries can help improve heart health, lower blood sugar, and lower your risk of cancer.
- Cacao - an excellent source of antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, zinc, copper, and selenium. Cacao can help with depression, stress, blood pressure, and heart health.
Make this Smoothie Bowl Unique With Your Favorite Toppings!
Get creative and add whatever toppings your heart desires!
- Berries - raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries
- Fruit- fresh mango, figs, pears or cherries
- Seeds - chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds
- Chopped or sliced nuts - almonds, pecans, walnuts, or cashews
- Coconut - shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips - milk, white, or dark chocolate
- Spices - a pinch of cardamom, saffron, or nutmeg
- A dollop of nut butter - peanut, cashew or almond
Looking For More Delicious Superfood Breakfast Ideas? Check Out These Healthy Recipes To Help Kickstart Your Morning!
Help support Assuaged and SAVE on great vegan organic products and more at Thrive! 🌱
Each signup for a year membership provides a membership for a family or veteran in need!
This smoothie bowl was created and shared by the inspiring Camille Knowles on The Beauty of Eczema. What’s your favorite smoothie bowl topping? Let us know in the comments section below! Feel free to share your own plant-based recipes with the Assuaged community on our ➡️Share A Recipe ⬅️ page!