Did you know that potatoes are a healthy and starchy food that is cheap and fills you up fast? Potatoes are often a remedy for weight-loss journeys including this inspiring story from Men's Health Magazine.
Now let's dive deeper into the potato talk, what about the purple potatoes? Purple potatoes are rich in polyphenol antioxidants called anthocyanins which can lead to improved cholesterol, eye vision, and even a decreasstuffiiied risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
What Are Purple Potatoes?
Purple potatoes are healthier than other potatoes varieties as they contain three times more antioxidants.
- Purple potatoes are rich in color and carry many health benefits
- Add coarse pink salt and ground black pepper for more flavor
- Fresh herbs and spices will bring about more taste and aroma
- Vegetable stock instead of water will result in richer flavor
- Add finely chopped vegetables and garnish such as carrot, celery, and onions
Sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano are amazing spices you should definitely add-in.
Adding Gravy Matters Too...
If you want to experience a more tasty experience we recommend our gravy recipe, it will not disappoint!
Do You Combine The Spices Before or After?
You want to combine fresh and dried spices in with your vegetable stock broth until it becomes tender and liquid-free for 8-10 minutes. Remember, the more patience you have, the stronger your herbal spices will pan out in your culinary creations. Potatoes take some time to mash up using a masher, but a food processor makes a great investment too, we recommend Vitamix's food processor.
Kitchen tools needed for making purple mashed potatoes:
- A paring knife or chef knife
- Potato peeler and handheld mash tool
- Stainless steel mixing bowl
- Food processor, or mortar and pestle
- Glass or stainless steel containers for storing the purple mashed potatoes
Here Are Some Great Festive and Tasty Recipes From Assuaged for your Holiday Enjoyment!
..... And remember you can share you personal plant-based recipes with the Assuaged Community on our ➡️Share Your Recipe⬅️ page!