Who doesn’t love an excuse to eat dessert at any time of the day? A Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Superfood Smoothie is delicious and quick breakfast, post-workout drink, or snack. Try out this refreshing mint chocolate chip smoothie full of protein and superfoods!
How To Make A Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Superfood Smoothie
This recipe would be great if you have overripe bananas laying around! Chop the bananas into coins and place in a ziploc bag to freeze. Pre-chopping will allow for an easier blend, but it’s definitely an optional step - especially if you have a strong blender!
Now all you have to follow are three steps:
- Blend all your ingredients minus the cacao nibs
- Add the cacao nibs and slightly blend
Of course this recipe is very forgiving for you to add your own twists. You could also make a smoothie bowl and top with amazing ingredients like chia seeds, granola, strawberries, or whatever you would like -the list is endless!
The Secret Behind Superfoods
Superfoods are nutrient dense foods great for your health- and this recipe has plenty from its inclusion of hemp milk, chlorella powder, cacao nibs, and bananas.
- Hemp milk is a great dairy alternative because it has more calcium than dairy milk and contains protein and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that are great for heart and brain health.
- Chlorella powder is what gives this smoothie an amazing vibrant green color and is rich in iron, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Cacao nibs help satisfy that chocolate craving and are filled with antioxidants and cause your body to release serotonin- helping to improve your mood!
- Finally we have bananas- an amazing source of potassium, fiber, and a number of vitamin and minerals.
If You’re Interested In Any More Vegan Superfood Smoothie Recipes, Check These Out!
Feel free to comment below any questions and let us know your personal spinoff on this dairy-free, easy to make healthful treat made by Camille Knowles! We’d love to hear your thoughts and fun suggestions on how to make your favorite smoothies. Please share any of your wonderful creations with us on our ➡️Share A Recipe⬅️ page!